The oldest lodge in No. 4 District possibly dating back to 1797 formerly met in James
Frances' Inn in Great Frances Street. This lodge has in its ranks one of the oldest
Orange families in the town - the McNeilly's.
Temple of Loyalty begins new year
LOL 481 met in mid-January to install its officers for 2015, in the presence of District
Officers and other visiting brethren. After a successful meeting, the brethren enjoyed
supper and a social evening in the Orange Hall.
Unfurling of new banner
Temple of Loyalty LOL 481 stepped out with a new banner to parade behind on the Twelfth
2013, following the unveiling of their new lodge standard.
The Orange Hall was packed one Saturday evening to see the new banner unfurled in
a ceremony conducted by the Grand Chaplain Bro. Ron Johnston. The new banner was
then well and truly christened by the summer showers in the parade that followed.
The banner's main image is divided between portraits of the Ulster Tower, the Boyne
Obelisk, Dan Winter's Cottage and the statue of Lord Carson. King William crossing
the Boyne is on the reverse.
Lodge makes Honorary Member
It was with great pleasure at a function in 2011 that Worshipful Master Bro Phil
Smyth presented Wor Bro Wilson Porter with his Honorary Members certificate. Wor
Bro Porter joined LOL 481 on 5th January 1976 and served as Worshipful Master in
1982. Bro Porter also served as Lay Chaplain from 1995 until 2001.
Presentation to Honorary Members
Worshipful Master David English presents certificates to five honorary members of
the lodge at the annual dinner in November 2005.
Why not join us?
Newtownards District consists of twelve lodges making up a membership of over 300.
Each lodge holds a monthly meeting, where issues affecting the lodge are discussed.
Though much of the business is of a formal nature, there is much social gathering
between the members as well. If you would like to talk to someone about joining,